DISCOVERY FIT & HEALTH UNTOLD STORIES OF THE ER SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“U.S.”), AGED 21 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Untold Stories of the ER Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Discovery Communications, LLC ("Sponsor"), Promotion Mechanics, Inc. (“Promotion Administrator”), their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, TV production partners, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at 10:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 8, 2013 and ends at 9:59 PM ET on January 12, 2014 (“Sweepstakes Period”), and is further divided into ten (10) “Entry Periods”, as follows:
Entry Period Begins at 10:00 PM ET Ends at 9:59 PM ET
#1 11/8/2013 11/10/2013
#2 11/15/2013 11/17/2013
#3 11/22/2013 11/24/2013
#4 11/29/2013 12/1/2013
#5 12/6/2013 12/8/2013
#6 12/13/2013 12/152013
#7 12/20/2013 12/22/2013
#8 12/27/2013 12/29/2013
#9 1/3/2014 1/5/2014
#10 1/10/2014 1/12/2014
As part of your Sweepstakes entry, you will be required to answer a multiple-choice question related to that week’s episode of Untold Stories of the ER which airs on Discovery Fit & Health at 10:00 PM ET on Fridays during the Sweepstakes Period. Watching Untold Stories of the ER will give you information that will help you answer the question. If you do not correctly answer the question on the first try, you will be allowed to try again until you successfully answer the question. Limit one entry per person/email address per Entry Period.
To enter, visit and access the Sweepstakes entry page. Complete the online entry form and submit so that it is received by Sponsor's server by 9:59 PM ET on the ending date of the Entry Period for which you are entering. Note that by entering this Sweepstakes, you are agreeing to receive special updates regarding Discovery Fit & Health programming, events and promotions via email until you choose to unsubscribe, and to be bound by these Official Rules and the final decision of the Sponsor and Promotion Administrator.
3. RANDOM DRAWING – PRIZE – ODDS OF WINNING: On or about January 15, 2014, the Promotion Administrator, an independent judging organization, will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to award one (1) Grand Prize: the opportunity for the winner to participate in a walk-on role on an episode of Untold Stories from the ER. The prize consists of round trip coach air travel to Vancouver, British Columbia, from a major commercial airport near winner's residence (as determined by Sponsor) for the winner and one (1) guest; one (1) double-occupancy hotel rooms for two (2) nights; use of a rental car (subject to all car rental agency qualifications and restrictions); and $500 spending money. Winner or winner’s guest must be 25 years of age or older and must have a valid U.S. driver’s license in his/her state of residency, appropriate motor vehicle insurance, and a major credit card to secure the rental car. Optional services or items such as refueling or loss or damage waiver (LDW) are extra. Total ARV of Grand Prize is $3,500. All expenses not specified are winner’s responsibility. Actual value will be determined by shooting location, winner's residence and seasonal rates. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and certain restrictions; blackout dates may apply. Air carriers, hotels and other transportation selected by Sponsor. Trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor in potential winner’s notification letter (or other communication), or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents. Travelers are responsible for any travel insurance. All other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including transportation, luggage fees, meals, souvenirs, and gratuities, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner must travel during dates selected by Sponsor which are subject to and dependent upon the Untold Stories of the ER television production schedule. If for any reason Sponsor is unable to provide the walk-on role portion of the prize, no compensation will be awarded in lieu thereof, but remainder of prize package will be awarded.The potential winner will be notified by phone, email, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Inability to contact a winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. The potential winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and (where legal) publicity release which must be returned within time period specified in the notification letter or, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a potential winner may be disqualified and if so, an alternate potential winner will be selected. The potential winner will be required to submit to, and cooperate in, a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Sponsor or this Sweepstakes will not reflect unfavorably on the Sponsor, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner’s guest, who must be 18 years of age or older, must complete a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received. No prize transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
4. WALK-ON ROLE TERMS AND RESTRICTIONS: All aspects of the walk-on role are subject to the requirements of the program’s producer and approval, which may be granted or withheld in such producer’s sole discretion. Winner may not actually appear in the final version of the program. If the winner does not have the opportunity to participate in the walk-on role due to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponement, an event of force majeure, or for any other reason, then the remaining components of the Grand Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to the winner, and no other or additional compensation will be awarded. Guest of winner will be permitted to be present during the taping of the walk-on role, but may not participate. Winner and his/her guest are subject to all rules and restrictions on the program set. Winner agrees to permit Sponsor to use any photograph, film, video, or audio recording of the winner (the “Footage”) with the right for the full period of copyright, including all extensions and renewals thereof, and thereafter in perpetuity, throughout the world, to use, reuse, or modify all or any part of the Footage for the purpose of making and producing television programs and other works, and advertising, publicizing and exploiting the same, by all means, in any manner, and in all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, and to authorize others to do so. Neither the winner nor other party now or hereafter having an interest in the Footage shall have any right or action against the Sponsor or any other party arising out of any use of said Footage.
5. GENERAL: Expenses not specified and any and all tax liability, whether local, state or federal, are winner’s responsibility. By participating, entrants agree to these rules and decisions of Sponsor and Promotion Administrator, which shall be final in all respects relating to this sweepstakes; to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, to permit Sweepstakes Entities to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and within www.health.discovery.com, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives, Promotion Administrator, and the officers, directors and employees of each are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any telecast, cable or telephone malfunctions, human error, satellite transmission failures, or delayed telecasts or preemption of or the failure of a cable affiliate to televise Discovery Fit & Health® or any affiliated Sponsor network in all or any parts of the United States; electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the sweepstakes or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the promotion, in which case prizes will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized web site address of http://health.discovery.com/tv-shows/untold-stories-of-the-er/games-and-more/sweepstakes.htm. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. This sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, with jurisdiction and venue in Montgomery County, Maryland, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Montgomery County, Maryland.
7. WINNER LIST: To receive the winner’s name, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by February 28, 2014, to: Untold Stories of the ER Sweepstakes Winner List, PMI Station, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750.
Sponsor: Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Promotion Administrator: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470.
©2013 Discovery Communications, LLC. All rights reserved.
Learn more about what ails you. Here are some common symptoms.See all »